ENGAGE | EXCITE | EMPOWER
"The" Next Generation Coding and Programming Experience
- In robots4STEM, students learn visual programming through the use of a personalized avatar and Jett, the most advanced, facially-expressive robot.
- robots4STEM creates unlimited access and opportunity for developing fundamental coding and programming skills.
- robots4STEM is easy to implement and does not require educators to have prior experience with coding or programming.
- robots4STEM’s ease of use creates flexibility of scheduling within or outside the instructional day.
Jett the Robot
*Based on Snap! programming language (University of California Berkeley).
Standards-informed, competency-based, and differentiated to ensure that each student progresses at their own pace.
“My students definitely feel like they’re learning a lot. They like that they can easily see their progress.”
– A classroom teacher, Texas
Learning-Management System (LMS)
- Web-based, interactive, self-contained and designed for ease of access and use for the learner and facilitator.
- Each lesson is informed by standards.
- Embedded “accessing”
- Learners are provided real time feedback reinforcing their level of understanding.
BadgingAs competency is demonstrated, students earn badges that signify their achievement.
Resource RichFacilitators are provided resource materials to enhance, excite, and empower the learning experience.
Designed to meet the needs of 21st century learners and educators.
- Beyond coding, students learn and apply
- Critical thinking,
- Collaboration, and
- Computational thinking.
- Students learn how to communicate with (and through) an avatar, a robot, and other humans.
- Students develop capacity,
- Competency, and
- Confidence to create, innovate, and solve problems that are important to them.
- Students do not need to wait for teachers to learn to code or program. No previous skills, experience or knowledge of coding or programming is needed.
- robots4STEM features “suspend and resume” functionality in each lesson to ensure progress is not lost.
- Ease of use and flexibility allow coding and programming in several ways including:
- Station rotation,
- Before- or after-school programs,
- Maker movements, or
- STEM camps.
Over 36 HOURS of learning designed for ease of implementation to make learning code engaging, exciting, and empowering for learners 2nd through 6th grade.
robots4STEM covers the following coding and programming topics:
- Digital Citizenship
- Algorithmic Thinking
- Program Design and Flowcharting
- Introduction to the Workspace
- Programming the Avatar
- Keyboard Events
- Programming Motion
- Introduction to Conditionals
- More Advanced Conditionals
- Counting Loops
- Indefinite and Infinite Loops
Narrative-based, students navigate through “missions” where they apply the foundations of visual programming.